Visit Trout Rock Lodge
Trout Rock Lodge is located on an island far away from city lights, traffic noise and is only accessible by Aurora Express, snowmobile, ski-plane or floatplane in summer. The design and location of the lodge have proven to be a successful combination for the ultimate in Aurora photography and viewing.
The lodge is located directly under the Auroral Oval, and there’s a 98 percent chance you will see the Aurora if you stay three nights.
Late Summer/Early Fall Aurora Package
Our late summer and fall tours (mid-August to early October) include a short trip by floatplane to the lodge. Enjoy boating, berry picking, fishing and hiking, and some of the best aurora viewing in the northern hemisphere.
In the daytime, look for wildlife – the North Arm of Great Slave Lake is a traditional fall staging area for thousands of waterfowl from all four continental flyways. Many species of ducks, geese and swans gather here in giant flocks before their long trip south. Grouse are common on our wooded islands, and moose, otter and black bears can often be seen fattening up for winter.
In the evening, when the sky is clear, the stars and the Aurora appear. Stay three nights and you are almost guaranteed a glimpse of the Northern Lights, nature’s greatest light show.
- Yellowknife transfer to and from the Lodge by floatplane (12-minute scenic flight)
- Accommodation and 3 dinners, 2 lunches, 3 breakfasts
- Guided boating, hiking, berry picking, Northern shore lunch and visit to a natural Amethyst site.
- Woodstove operated hot tub
- Shore fishing (fishing license $31.50 is required)
- Unlimited Aurora viewing
3-Night Package Price
Regular Price: $2,495.00 + GST per person (minimum 2 people)
*Prices effective as of 2021.
What to bring
- Warm clothing including hat & gloves
- Rain gear
- Warm waterproof hiking boots
- If you are planning to take pictures of the Aurora you need a tripod
- Bathing suit for hot tub (optional)